First visit, complete, extensive and free of charge
When gums recede, there is usually dental sensitivity to temperature changes.
In Clínica Pronova we apply techniques so that chewing or drinking is no longer a problem.
Tooth sensitivity is an intense and acute dental pain that affects 1 of every 7 people in the population. It appears when the dentin (tissue inside the tooth) is exposed to the oral cavity. Dentin can be exposed to multiple reasons, but the most frequent are: periodontitis, which causes the loss of the gum surrounding the tooth exposing the dental root; dental fracture; bruxism or dental clenching; tooth decay and the anatomical anomalies of the dental surface.
Dental dentin has hundreds of microtubules (dental microtubules) that connect nerve endings inside the tooth with the outside. When the dentin is exposed, cold/hot, sour or sweet drinks reach these nerve endings causing intense and acute pain of tooth sensitivity.
The treatment of tooth sensitivity includes the following actions.
- Correct dietary habits: suppressing acid, sweet cold/hot beverages until dental sensitivity is corrected.
- Education about dental brushing techniques specially directed to eliminate tooth sensitivity.
- Prescription of medications designed to reduce tooth sensitivity, such as toothpastes, gels or specialized mouthwashes.
- Application of professional products (fluorides, resins, etc.) on the root surface with the intention of sealing the microtubules that expose nerve endings inside the tooth.
- Application of the laser on the dental surface.
- Treatment of periodontitis, with the aim of stabilizing the gum loss.
- Treatment of bruxism through an occlusal splint or the elimination of traumatic dental contacts.
- Treatment of dental decay or dental fracture.